How can I care for my products?
Our general rules are below. We generally suggest you err on the side of caution with caring for handmade goods.
- Merino Wool Pillows + Throws: Dry clean only. Spot clean.
- Alpaca Wool Pillows + Throws: Dry clean only. Spot clean.
- Cotton Throws, Napkins, Tea Towels, Runners: Machine wash on cold. Lay flat or hang to dry or tumble dry low.
- Pantelho Throws: Machine wash cold on gentle or delicate cycle. Tumble or hang dry.
- Panalito Runners + Placemats: Handwash, dry flat.
- Cotton Mats: Machine wash on cold on gentle or delicate cycle. Lay flat to dry.
- Wool Rugs - Dry clean only. Spot clean. See “How should I take care of my wool rug” question in the FAQ
- Cotton Pillows: Remove pillow insert. Machine wash on cold, gentle. Lay flat to dry.
What is spot cleaning?
For our naturally dyed rugs woven in Mexico, we do not recommend using any sort of cleaning solvent. Dampen the stained area with cold water using a clean white cloth. Leave spot damp for 10-15 minutes and then gently blot with dry, white cloth from both sides to draw out the stain. For all of our other wools, we recommend using a wool-safe stain remover. If the stain persists, we recommend dry cleaning.
How should I take care of my wool rug?
Our favorite part about wool rugs is their long lasting nature and durability. Follow these three steps to ensure that your rug has a long and healthy life!
- Vacuum once a week, or whenever it needs a little love.
- Beat twice a month. Take your rug outside and beat with a broom or your hands to loosen up grit that can get deep within the fibers.
- Flip every few months. With exception of our shag rugs, your rug has the same design on either side.
In the event that your rug gets a small stain, address immediately! Follow the spot cleaning instructions. If the entire rug needs to be cleaned or it is a larger, deeper stain, bring the rug to a professional cleaner.
Wool is naturally water resistant. Dirt and mud will dry into a grit or dust and can simply be vacuumed. If you try to remove mud or dirt while it is still wet, it may result in further staining.
When is your next sale? Do you ever offer Free Shipping?
We run promotions from time to time! Sign up for the newsletter and follow us on Instagram for the latest on our next promotions. Also be sure to check out our sale section, as we are always updating it.
Can I customize a rug by size or color?
Yes! Our rugs are easily customizable by size. A color change may have a custom design fee. Custom rugs are made-to-order with a 90-120 day leadtime and are non-returnable.
What kind of insert comes with my pillows?
Our pillow inserts are made in the USA with synthetic down which is a poly-cotton blend. We chose this option because it is hypoallergenic and cruelty-free.
Where in Latin America do you work?
We work with artisan co-ops in Mexico, Guatemala, Uruguay, and Bolivia. Head to the Artisan Partners page for more information.
How do you choose the other brands you carry in the store and online?
We like to support brands that have small-batch production methods, are women or queer owned, have a focus on sustainability, or utilize craft techniques. If you think you are a fit for our storefront, please e-mail us your current linesheet.